ANEMIA AND LOWERED IMMUNE SYSTEM
Hans Hertel was the first scientist to conceive of and carry out a quality study on the effects of microwaved nutrients on the blood and physiology of human beings. His research showed that food cooked in a microwave oven suffers severe molecular damage. When eaten, it causes abnormal changes in human blood and immune systems. These changes included a decrease in all hemoglobin values and cholesterol values, especially the HDL (good cholesterol) and LDL (bad cholesterol) ratio. Lymphocytes (white blood cells) showed a more distinct short-term decrease following the intake of microwaved food.
MICROWAVES & HUMAN MILK
In the April 1992 journal Pediatrics, research appeared warning that microwaving human milk, even at a low setting, can destroy some of its important disease-fighting capabilities. Pediatrician John A. Kerner, Jr. and his co-workers at Stanford University reported that when breast milk was microwaved it lost lysozyme activity and antibodies, and fostered the growth of more potentially pathogenic bacteria. These adverse changes, which occur at even low temperatures, suggest that the process of microwaving itself may in fact cause some injury to the milk above and beyond the heating. Milk heated at a high setting (72 degrees C to 98 degrees C) lost 96 percent of its immunoglobulin-A antibodies, agents that fend off invading microbes.
Microwaving baby formulas has been found to convert certain trans-amino acids into their synthetic isomers, which are not biologically active. Further, one of the amino acids contained in breast milk, L-proline, was converted to its d-isomer, which is known to be neurotoxic (poisonous to the nervous system) and nephrotoxic (poisonous to the kidneys). Research has already proven the fact that babies are not getting everything they need for optimum development when they are not breast fed, but now they are given fake milk (baby formula) made even more toxic via microwaving.
There is a highly significant association between the amount of microwave energy in irradiated food (food exposed to radiation) and the luminous power of luminescent bacteria exposed to serum from test people who ate that food. Researchers employed luminescent (light-emitting) bacteria to detect energetic changes in the blood of people who consumed microwaved foods. Significant increases were found in the luminescence of these bacteria when exposed to blood serum obtained after the consumption of microwaved food. (Basically, the more microwaved or irradiated food a person ate – the more the bacteria “glowed”.) This leads to the conclusion that microwave energy may indeed be passed to man inductively via irradiated food. This process is based on physical principles and has already been confirmed in various literature. The measured effects of microwave irradiated food on man, as opposed to non-irradiated food, show changes in the blood of test people indicative of early pathogenic processes similar to the start of cancer.
MICROWAVES & FOOD POISONING
The salt added to microwave foods may interfere with the heating process, leaving harmful bacteria alive – even thriving. In food safety experiments, British researchers added two types of bacteria associated with food poisoning to 30 microwave meals. After the meals were heated according to direction, Listeria bacteria remained alive in 29 of the 30 samples, and Salmonella survived in 24. In another experiment described in the journal, Nature, the researchers found that the more salt a food contains, the lower its core temperature remains during microwaving. They speculate that salt keeps the microwaves from reaching the center of foods, often heating the core to temperatures just warm enough to encourage bacterial growth.
MICROWAVES & NUTRIENT CONTENT IN FOODS
A study published in the November issue of The Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that broccoli cooked in a microwave lost 74 percent to 97 percent of its antioxidant compounds, which are believed to be healthful. The researchers, from the University of Murcia at Espinardo, found by contrast that broccoli cooked by steaming lost less than 10 percent of the same chemicals.
The study’s lead researcher, Dr. Cristina Garcia-Viguera, found that nutrients were leached out of the broccoli into its cooking water during microwaving. Because there is less contact between water and vegetable during steaming, fewer chemicals are lost.
The study claims that microwaving is the biggest culprit in destroying cancer-fighting compounds in your vegetables. According to Dr. Garcia-Viguera, to retain nutrients, veggies should be cooked in a minimum amount of water, as in steaming, since most bioactive compounds are water-soluble. The researchers note that how food is prepared and cooked may be just as important as what is eaten.
– Kamen, Betty PhD, and Michael Rosenbaum, MD, Microwaved Veggies: Bad News, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 2003; 93(14)}, October 2003.
– O’Neil, John, Vital Signs: Nutrition; Cooking Broccoli, Out of the Box, The New York Times, October 21, 2003.
TEN REASONS TO THROW OUT YOUR MICROWAVE OVEN
We live in a world that values quickness and convenience. But we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. If you are still not convinced of the hazards that come from cooking food in the “convenient” microwave, please consider the following:
1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term – permanent – brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
2. The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
3. Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
4. The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
5. Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food are reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
6. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
7. Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may at least partially explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
8. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
9. Continual ingestion of microwaved foods causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
10. Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet? Substitute: try a toaster oven or pressure cooker for healthier time-savings options
1. Pediatrics (vol. 89, no. 4, April 1992).
2. Blanc, B.H., “The American Raum & Zeit” pages 43 – 48, Vol. 3, No. 2, 1992.
3. Wayne, Anthony and Lawrence Newell, Radiation Ovens – The Proven Dangers of Microwaves, The Christian Law Institute, April 2000.